Re: Hello Admins

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Mon Oct 27 2003 - 11:41:12 EST

I'm administering lots of systems remotely, including p690s in Switzerland,
(I'm in England). Provided you've got an IP connection to the HMC(s) you
can do whatever you need to via WebSM. That would include powering on the
system and providing a virtual console so that you can run diagnostics etc.

Ultimately, you might need someone on site to deal with problems with the
HMC itself, but if the HMC goes down it shouldn't have an immediate effect
on the servers and LPARs it is managing. You can have a standby HMC, if you
want.

Simon Green
Altria ITSC Europe Ltd

AIX-L Archive at https://new-lists.princeton.edu/listserv/aix-l.html

N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will not be appreciated.
Please post all follow-ups to the list.