Re: SPECIAL NOTICE: Technical Support Bulletin

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Fri Oct 24 2003 - 06:07:07 EDT

Killing cron is the normal way of doing this. There is no other way.
It's necessary because the cron process will have the old TZ
environment variable, which you have changed.

Once cron has kicked off a job, it doesn't have any further interest
in it so your only problem would be if there was a job scheduled to
start in the very short period whilst cron was not running. No way of
avoiding this: just check your crontabs, (/var/spool/cron/crontabs).

Simon Green
Altria ITSC Europe Ltd

AIX-L Archive at https://new-lists.princeton.edu/listserv/aix-l.html

N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will not be appreciated.
Please post all follow-ups to the list.