DLPAR question

From: Hass, Harold (HHass@CO.FRESNO.CA.US)
Date: Wed Oct 22 2003 - 16:11:20 EDT

Any Regatta Guru;

We have a 670 with 8 processors. We've been using it for about a year, works good, and we are duly impressed. Now we want to get current prior to upgrading. So, we are in the middle of getting to 5.2, especially for DLPAR capabilities. We think we're very close, but can't quite get there.

We've done the firmware and software upgrades to the 670 and the HMC, and we've upgraded a LPAR to 5.2, but when we try to access the Dynamic LPAR regions, we see the same configuration choices, no DLPAR choices. Also the DLPAR

Does anyone have a reference to DLPAR? We've probably overlooked a gotcha. Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

Harold Hass
Senior Network Systems Engineer
County of Fresno