Re: Problems with connecting to AIX 5.2 box

From: Bill Verzal (BVerzal@KOMATSUNA.COM)
Date: Mon Oct 20 2003 - 13:41:43 EDT

1-minute is a blue-book DNS symptom I've seen posted for years.

If you need DNS, be sure you put "hosts=local,bind4" in the
/etc/netsvc.conf and also recreate the /etc/resolv.conf file.

If you can't do that, put the IP address and hostname of the mail server in
/etc/hosts and change /etc/netsvc.conf to "hosts=local"

BV

"If everything is coming your way, then you are in the wrong lane"

Bill Verzal
AIX Administrator, Komatsu America
(847) 970-3726 - direct
(847) 970-4184 - fax