Core dump review

From: Tom Wood (twood@rezlink.com)
Date: Mon Oct 13 2003 - 13:29:03 EDT

Hello,

We have recently started experiencing an occurrence of a core dump entry
in the errpt file. What information should I be able to use to help
point us in the direction of what might be causing this error?

The Oracle DBA does see several *.trc files in the ./udump directory
that do correspond to the times and pid's of the core dumps, but we are
unable to correlate them directly to a function.

As mentioned, this has just started (within last two weeks) and occurs
roughly at the time of day, which is right after a backup process is
completed. The number of entries is one or two on weekend, 4 or 5 on
weekdays, if this is somehow related to processing loads. This is a
production system running 4.3.3 ml10, Oracle 8.1.7 for almost 2 years in
this configuration.

Here is the errpt -a entry:

---
LABEL:          CORE_DUMP
IDENTIFIER:     C60BB505
Date/Time:       Mon Oct 13 06:24:03
Sequence Number: 8502
Machine Id:      0004872F4C00
Node Id:         aixdb
Class:           S
Type:            PERM
Resource Name:   SYSPROC
Description
SOFTWARE PROGRAM ABNORMALLY TERMINATED
Probable Causes
SOFTWARE PROGRAM
User Causes
USER GENERATED SIGNAL
        Recommended Actions
        CORRECT THEN RETRY
Failure Causes
SOFTWARE PROGRAM
        Recommended Actions
        RERUN THE APPLICATION PROGRAM
        IF PROBLEM PERSISTS THEN DO THE FOLLOWING
        CONTACT APPROPRIATE SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
Detail Data
SIGNAL NUMBER
           6
USER'S PROCESS ID: