Re: Locked VG

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Thu Oct 09 2003 - 05:15:56 EDT

I've never come across this situation before: when I've had a locked VG,
(usually through someone ^Cing an LVM command), chvg -u has always worked.

What command(s) are you running? What are the error messages, (with their
message numbers)? These might give some clue and are usually good key words
to search on. (In Google, use the keywords AIX and the message number:
nnnn-nnn.)

Is it just one VG that's locked, or ALL of them?

Does a command such as "lsvg -L vgname" still work OK?

Simon Green
Altria ITSC Europe Ltd

N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will not be appreciated.