Re: sort of near OT - FastT drive usage

From: Wheelock, Michael D (Michael.Wheelock@INTEGRIS-HEALTH.COM)
Date: Mon Oct 06 2003 - 16:56:27 EDT

Hi,

The help file for the FastT storage manager software states that a hot spare
can be any disk that is the same capacity or larger than the disk it is
replacing. This indicates that you could replace a 36G with a 72G and have
no issues rebuilding whatever set you had on these disks. Additionally,
there are currently no issues placing 18, 36, 72 or 144 disks in the shelves
in any combination that we have encountered.

Michael Wheelock
Integris Health