Re: elxcfg

From: Bob.Kelley@BRINKSINC.COM
Date: Mon Sep 29 2003 - 10:32:11 EDT

This is a followup on a previous post for anyone with an EMC SAN

Bobby Kelley
BRINKS
972-877-5341

| | "Bob.Kelle... via|
| | ibm-aix-l" |
| | <ibm-aix-l@OpenIT|
| | x.com> |
| | |
| | 09/16/2003 07:54 |
| | PM |
| | Please respond to|
| | ibm-aix-l |
| | |
  | |
  | To: Bob.Kelle... <Bob.Kelley@BrinksInc.com> |
  | cc: |
  | Subject: [ibm-aix-l] Re: elxcfg |

Read today's most popular UNIX market analysis article.
http://UNIX.ITtoolbox.com/r/da.asp?r=8061

thanks for the reply Adi, elxcfg is a tool you can use with Winblows to
reassign luns

The equivalent would allow you to reassign a lun to an hdiskpower
device....instead of the OS configuring each new lun as the next number in
the sequence, you could have contro

I think "powercf -i" would allow you to reject the new devices as cfgmgr
scans for em, thereby allowing you to assign a specific lun to specific
hdiskpowerN drives. This is handy if you want to use map files recreating
say an Oracle Database.

Bobby Kelley
BRINKS
972-877-5341

| | "Nuthanapati |
| | Murthy via |
| | ibm-aix-l" |
| | <ibm-aix-l@OpenIT|
| | x.com> |
| | |
| | 09/16/2003 03:25 |
| | PM |
| | Please respond to|
| | ibm-aix-l |
| | |

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Read today's most popular UNIX market analysis article.
http://UNIX.ITtoolbox.com/r/da.asp?r=8061

what is elxcfg ?

EMC and AIX has emc_cfgmgr which is some thing like cfgmgr -l {device_name}

[fscsi0|fscsi1]... Which will make a call to Symm to get the devices.. I am

not sure ..Is that you are looking ..

Adi Narayana Murthy

>From: "Bob.Kelle... via ibm-aix-l" <ibm-aix-l@OpenITx.com>
>To: Nuthanapati Murthy <nam0211@hotmail.com>
>Subject: [ibm-aix-l] elxcfg
>Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 14:08:33 -0500
>
>Read today's most popular UNIX market analysis article.
>http://UNIX.ITtoolbox.com/r/da.asp?r=8061
>

> anybody know of a elxcfg equivalent for AIX clients on an EMC SAN?
>
>Bobby Kelley
>BRINKS
>972-877-5341
>

>*Archives: http://www.OpenITx.com/g/ibm-aix-l.asp
>*Leave Group: mailto:leave-ibm-aix-l@openitx.com
>*Terms of Use: http://www.ittoolbox.com/help/termsofuse.htm
>*Copyright (c) ITtoolbox and message author. No redistribution

*Copyright (c) ITtoolbox and message author. No redistribution

NOTICE TO BRINK'S EMPLOYEES:
All electronic mail communications composed, sent, received or stored on or
through Brink's equipment are subject to the Brink's Electronic
Communications Policy. Employees should have no expectation of privacy in
their use of the Company's electronic mail system.