Re: LVM, Max PP's and Factoring

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Tue Sep 23 2003 - 10:24:15 EDT

You can convert the VG to a Big VG (chvg -B), which would allow up to 128
disks. Then -t 2, and you'll still be OK for 64 disks. You'll have to
unmount everything first.

Personally, I don't like Big VGs. Oracle won't care, but all the LVM
commands, (even lsxx) take a lot longer, which is a pain for the likes of
us. You may wish to schedule time to re-build it later, but you can always
convert it and see how it goes. Maybe I'm just too fussy. :-)

Simon Green
Altria ITSC Europe Ltd

N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will not be appreciated.