Re: LVM, Max PP's and Factoring

From: Bill Verzal (BVerzal@KOMATSUNA.COM)
Date: Tue Sep 23 2003 - 09:58:33 EDT

There is not an easy solution. Perhaps another VG ?

BV

Bill Verzal
AIX Administrator, Komatsu America
(847) 970-3726 - direct
(847) 970-4184 - fax

| | "Williamson, Alan"|
| | <alan.williamson@S|
| | IEMENS.COM> |
| | Sent by: IBM AIX |
| | Discussion List |
| | <aix-l@Princeton.E|
| | DU> |
| | |
| | |
| | 09/23/2003 08:25 |
| | AM |
| | Please respond to |
| | IBM AIX Discussion|
| | List |
| | |
  | |
  | To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU |
  | cc: |
  | Subject: LVM, Max PP's and Factoring |

Hi all,

I've got a slight problem with one of my volume groups. I need to add more
disk space, but the disks I need to add are 36Gb SSA, but the volume group
was created with 32Mb PP's. This means I can only have 1016 PP's per
volume.
I need more than this to add the 36Gb drives.

I know I could alter the factor to 2 thus giving me 2032 PP's as a max per
volume which would be suffucient, but this would decrease my max PV's from
32 to 16. I already have 19 disks in the VG.

Q.) What's the easiest way to get around this and add my 36Gb drives.

Thanks in Advance,

Alan