Re: AIX 5.1 Samba install

From: Jonathan Portman (Jonathan.Portman@MPRC.CO.UK)
Date: Wed Sep 17 2003 - 11:39:33 EDT

Hi,

I take it you have configured your smb.conf file correctly ?

This is found in the samba/lib/ area.

Also I wouldn't put the smb and nmb in the inittab as I have had
problems with respawning.

Try just running it manually either by typing smbd and nmbd or if you
want to run them as a daemon as smbd -D and nmbd -D

Then check this with ps -ef |grep smbd and nmbd