smtp relay

From: Shawn Bierman (BiermanS@METHODISTHEALTH.ORG)
Date: Tue Sep 16 2003 - 14:33:20 EDT

Greetings,

I want to setup a system so that it uses the SMTP server of another box for sending mail that is not in the local domain.

>From what I've read it seems all I had to do was add the "DSmailer:smtp.methodisthealth.org" to the /etc/sendmail.cf file, where smtp.methodisthealth.org is the relay.

I have restarted sendmail. However, when I do my tests I see that my host is still trying to go out of the firewall directly to the smtp server of the domain I was sending email too. Totally ignoring the relay I setup.

Have I missed a step? This is for aix4.3.3 and aix5.1

-shawn