IBM Network 17 Printer printing blank page after job completes

From: Ron Bramblett (bramblet@FULLER.COM)
Date: Wed Sep 10 2003 - 12:31:21 EDT

Hello,
I have an RS6000 running 4.3.3 ML08.
Over the weekend we had to change all of the computers ip addresses.
That is done but now I have one little glitch.

The programmers are complaining about the 2 IBM Network 17 Printers both
printing a blank page at the end of their print jobs.
(This happens only from PC's running windoze my linux prints fine to it)

In order to change the addresses on these printers in the print queue. I
deleted the printers from the system using smit print.
Next I added the new printers again using smit print.

I did not look to see what the default Type style name and etc was
before but their only complaint is the extra blank page.

Has anyone seen this before?? What can I do to change it.??

For windoze printing to IBM Network 17
Can I use IBM_LPR from their website so I can print directly to the
printer without going through any servers? That would be ideal but in
looking at it I can't get the printer to print a header page.

--
Ron Bramblett
Sys Admin