Re: Large Page Support

From: Jan-Frode Myklebust (janfrode@PARALLAB.UIB.NO)
Date: Wed Sep 10 2003 - 09:49:06 EDT

[ a bit late.. did you maybe get any replies in private? ]

On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 07:30:42PM +0200, Hans-Dieter Kutz wrote:
> Hello List,
> is there any experience with Large Page Support under AIX 5.1 (vmtune -g /
> vmtune -L)?

We tried enabling large pages on one node of our 3 node regatta
cluster around june last year. We had to revert to only normal
pages again immediately because we got hangs in the GPFS
filesystems when doing normal filesystem operations (cp, ls, etc)
with the LDR_CNTRL=LARGE_PAGE_DATA environment variable det to
Y or M.

I believe these problems should be fixed in GPFS 2.1, so we will
most likely try enabling large pages on a node again soon. I would
also be very interessted in hearing about any experience people
have with setting up / running large pages.

F.ex. I'm wondering how to enable large pages by default for
all LoadLeveler jobs?

  -jf