Re: Shell script: find

From: Bill Thompson (bill.thompson@GOODYEAR.COM)
Date: Tue Sep 09 2003 - 06:49:42 EDT

Rad,

Let's say you were looking for all the stuff in /usr/lpp, but none of the
subdirectories. You could use the following notation:

      find /usr/lpp/* -prune

If you wanted to find the "hidden" files as well (those starting with a
dot), this should work:

      find /usr/lpp/.[0-z]* /usr/lpp/* -prune

Note that either of these could fail if you have too many files in your
path.

Another way to do it without using find:

      for FILE in $(ls /usr/lpp); do
          echo /usr/lpp/$FILE
      done

HTH

Bill Thompson
Sr UNIX Systems Administrator
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.

Contains Confidential and/or Proprietary Information
May Not Be Copied or Disseminated Without Express Consent of The Goodyear
Tire & Rubber Company.

AIX-L Archives: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=aix-l&r=1&w=2