Re: "SAP Admin" Error message on AIX 5.2 p650

From: Mariusz Gieparda/Poz/ComputerLand/PL (mgieparda@COMPUTERLAND.PL)
Date: Fri Sep 05 2003 - 16:15:19 EDT

Another extract from the SAPnote

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
If you cann't start R/3 because of shared memory problems
please check the output of:
sappfpar pf=<R/3 instance profile> check
Call sappfpar as <sapsid>adm. If the output shows:

***ERROR: Shared memory segment size exceeds system-imposed limit
Shared memory pools exceeding system-imposed limit
Key: 40 Size: ... ( ... MB) Pool for database buffers

then set in the R/3 instance profile
rdisp/ROLL_SHM=12288

- - - - - - - -

Hope this helps,

Mariusz Gieparda
System Analyst @ ComputerLand S.A. Poland

IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert RS/6000 AIX V4
IBM @server Certified System Expert pSeries HACMP for AIX
Microsoft Certified System Engineer

email: mgieparda@computerland.pl
phone: +48 61 8517100
fax: +48 61 8517102

John F Riordan <jriorda2@CSC.COM>
Sent by: IBM AIX Discussion List <aix-l@Princeton.EDU>
2003-09-05 20:45
Please respond to
IBM AIX Discussion List <aix-l@Princeton.EDU>

aix-l@Princeton.EDU
cc

Subject
"SAP Admin" Error message on AIX 5.2 p650

Hi,

While the SAP admin looks into this error I thought I would post incase
there is a system parameter that can be changed. When SAP starts we are
getting the following error:

*****ERROR: System-imposed number of shared memories exceeded *********

The 650 has 2GB 6GB Page Space

I have opened up the "/etc/security/limits" file for SAP admin (-1). Not
sure what else I can do as I have never ran across this before.

Any thoughts?

As always, Thanks In Advance
John

John Riordan