SCSI Shark question

From: Bill Verzal (BVerzal@KOMATSUNA.COM)
Date: Wed Aug 20 2003 - 16:14:09 EDT

Got a question for you 2105 gurus...

I have a 2105-F20 SCSI attached to several servers. I have several "hosts"
defined. I want to add additional hosts because some of the hosts have
multiple connections, and the connections have different VGs assigned.

For example:

      HostA has 4 connections, 2 to one VG, 1 to another VG and 1 to the
final VG.

I want to change it as follows:

      HostA_VG1 has 2 conenctions
      HostA_VG2 has 1 connection
      HostA_VG3 has 1 connection

Can I take the existing assignments and reassign the storage to my new host
definitions without losing data? This makes allocating LUNs easier,
because I don't have to look and see what VGs are on the SCSI ports at the
Shark. I can know by the "host" name exactly where to allocate additional
LUNs.

Thanks, Bill.

Bill Verzal
AIX Administrator, Komatsu America