Re: rshd: 0826-813 Permission is denied. error

From: Shekhar Dhotre (Shekhar.Dhotre@LENDLEASEREI.COM)
Date: Tue Aug 19 2003 - 09:15:27 EDT

Looks like it is reading .rhosts file .
# uname -a
AIX f3n33 3 4 000175884C00

# ls -lu .rhosts
-rw------- 1 root system 74 Aug 19 08:28 .rhosts
# rsh ifs
root's Password:

* *
* Welcome to AIX Version 4.3! *
* *
* Please see the README file in /usr/lpp/bos for information pertinent to
   *
* this release of the AIX Operating System. *
* *
* *

Last unsuccessful login: Tue Aug 19 09:07:55 EDT 2003 on /dev/pts/2 from
cpt33.e
re.com
Last login: Tue Aug 19 09:08:00 EDT 2003 on /dev/pts/2 from cpt33.ere.com

# ls -lu .rhosts
-rw------- 1 root system 74 Aug 19 09:12 .rhosts

# k4list
Ticket file: /tmp/tkt0
Principal: root.admin@SPCWS01

  Issued Expires Principal
Aug 19 00:01:35 Sep 18 00:01:35 krbtgt.SPCWS01@SPCWS01

reissued tickets .
# k4list
Ticket file: /tmp/tkt0
Principal: root.admin@SPCWS01

  Issued Expires Principal
Aug 19 09:10:04 Sep 18 09:10:04 krbtgt.SPCWS01@SPCWS01

Following are the message when I run verify cluster (HACMP) :

Verifying Cluster Topology...

rshd: 0826-813 Permission is denied.
rshd: 0826-813 Permission is denied.
Could not open a socket connection to Node 'ifs'. Check root passwords,
permiss
ions, and /.rhosts file.

ERROR: Failure in opening a shell socket on node ifs.
rshd: 0826-813 Permission is denied.
rshd: 0826-813 Permission is denied.
Could not open a socket connection to Node 'ifs'. Check root passwords,
permiss
ions, and /.rhosts file.

ERROR: Failure in opening a shell socket on node ifs.

Holger.VanKoll@SWISSCOM.COM
Sent by: IBM AIX Discussion List <aix-l@Princeton.EDU>
08/19/2003 08:53 AM
Please respond to
IBM AIX Discussion List <aix-l@Princeton.EDU>

aix-l@Princeton.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: rshd: 0826-813 Permission is denied. error

do

ls -lu .rhosts

before and after rsh-ing to see if this file is read

are this sp-nodes / is kerberos configured? if yes, what does klist tell?

any error-msgs?