Re: spoolsize :rpoolsize

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Fri Aug 08 2003 - 12:06:32 EDT

Provided you're not badly short of memory - unlikely on any modern system
but possible if you've got an old MCA node - there should be no problem in
increasing rpoolsize and spoolsize, and it should help performance.

Remember to change it at both ends: your DB server and your backup server.

Also, it is not a dynamic change. Normally it would require a reboot of
each node to take effect. I believe that there is a way of doing it
without, but I can't remember what it is and it will certainly require you
to fence the affected nodes.

Simon Green
Altria ITSC Europe Ltd

N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will not be appreciated.