Re: Cache battery replacement for RAID adapter?

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Thu Aug 07 2003 - 05:17:42 EDT

I think it makes good sense. Anybody too dumb to find the manuals obviously
shouldn't be working on complex equipment without supervision. :-)

I think the problem arises because you've got various different divisions
each responsible for their own information and without clear links between
them. Storage is separate to pSeries, so they have different sets of pages.
As customers, we don't care: we just want to be able to go smoothly from one
place to another.

I think that after their re-design of a year or two ago, IBM intend it to be
accessed from the general support page: http://www.ibm.com/support/us/

That gives you links to each different area. There's also something called
"My support", which I haven't played with.

Simon Green
Altria ITSC Europe Ltd

N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will not be appreciated.