Re: [Q] LTO tape drive performance issu ???

From: Reiss David IT751 (ext-CDI) (david.reiss@SIEMENS.COM)
Date: Tue Aug 05 2003 - 13:52:41 EDT

Are you maybe using a really old Atape driver? The latest is Atape 8.2.8.
(lslpp -l | grep Atape).

The setup parameters you have there all look like defaults... which are
pretty good. I use them for all of my LTO1 drives.

Maybe old drive firmware. IBM has as 3512 driver avaibale now. (lscfg -vl
rmt#)

David N. Reiss
TSM Support Engineer
david.reiss@siemens.com
407-736-3912
When then going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson