Re: Boot problem after upgrade OS

From: Nguyen, Joseph (JNguyen@WM.COM)
Date: Tue Aug 05 2003 - 10:23:51 EDT

Problem has been resolved; the problem was bos.mp was not upgraded and the
kernel was linked to /usr/lib/boot/unix, instead of /usr/lib/boot/unix_64.

solution:

I booted the machine from CD and linked the kernel to 64 bit.

ln -sf /usr/lib/boot/unix_64 /unix
ln -sf /usr/lib/boot/unix_64 /usr/lib/boot/unix
bosboot -ad /dev/ipldevice

shutdown -Fr

Joseph