File collection problem, directory permissions set incorrectly

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Tue Aug 05 2003 - 06:09:25 EDT

We have a problem on one of our SP2 clusters with a file collection set up
for our in-house scripts. It all works OK, except that with a few nodes in
each cluster the permissions of one of the subdirectories get changed
incorrectly.
i.e.
/usr/common is a separate filesystem, with a file collection defined.
On the CWS, /usr/common/CTM_DOC is a subdirectory with permissions of 775.
On some of the nodes, /usr/common/CTM_DOC gets changed to 755 every time
there's a supper update: I can set them manually but every time supper runs
it gets set back.
All of its contents get updated correctly.

I have not been able to reproduce this behaviour and it doesn't appear to
affect any other directories. Also, the problem does not occur on our other
SP2 clusters. Originally, the file collections were defined slightly
differently, but I changed the definition on the problem cluster and that
made no difference.

Has anybody else come across this problem?

Simon Green
Altria ITSC Europe Ltd

N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will not be appreciated.