Re: Force HACMP IP take-over ?

From: Taylor, David (DTaylor@WBMI.COM)
Date: Fri Aug 01 2003 - 12:49:43 EDT

I'm don't want to perform a test. We are in the middle of the
production day. I want to move the IP address from one NIC to another,
with as little impact on the users as possible.

We are having some performance problems with the boot/service NIC in my
cluster. I have nothing in errpt about it but, at the switch we are
seeing a ton of "FCS" errors (don't really know what that it) The
symptoms are horrible up stream (to the NIC) speed. Down stream hauls
a**. We've verified duplex and speed settings on all equipment. Next
test is to cable to a different port on the switch. If the behavior
still exists I'm going to want to take the boot/service NIC out of the
picture. I'm looking for the gentlest manner in which I can do this