Re: Problem cloning AIX 5L server

From: Bob.Kelley@BRINKSINC.COM
Date: Wed Jul 23 2003 - 13:04:34 EDT

Ive seen this problem when booting from cd and using mksysb on tape at the
SAME level.

Soln was to boot from tape....dont know if thats possible for ya but

Bobby Kelley
Sr. AIX/UNIX Administrator

| | "Gipson, Mat" |
| | <Mat.Gipson@AMERI|
| | CREDIT.COM> |
| | Sent by: IBM AIX |
| | Discussion List |
| | <aix-l@Princeton.|
| | EDU> |
| | |
| | |
| | 07/23/2003 10:24 |
| | AM |
| | Please respond to|
| | IBM AIX |
| | Discussion List |
| | |
  | |
  | To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU |
  | cc: |
  | Subject: Re: Problem cloning AIX 5L server |

I have seen the exact same errors when the media being used in the cloning
process was not the same level. For example...a 4.3 image with a 5.1 cd or
vice versa.

HTH,
Mathew Gipson
matt.gipson@americredit.com