Antwort: Re: which version of PSSP is next year supportet

From: fmu@OERAG.DE
Date: Tue Jul 22 2003 - 11:26:55 EDT

Hi Simon,

thanks for your information.
I think, we must discuss that here in the company. It is possible, that we
change from SP-cluster to Cluster-1600 with some new pSeries and CSM
instead of PSSP.

Best regards,
Frank Müller

"Green, Simon" <Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM>@Princeton.EDU> on 22.07.2003
15:06:44

Bitte antworten an IBM AIX Discussion List <aix-l@Princeton.EDU>

Gesendet von: IBM AIX Discussion List <aix-l@Princeton.EDU>

An: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
Kopie:

Thema: Re: which version of PSSP is next year supportet

It is unlikely that we will encounter a new defect; if we do, we're in
trouble! But it's a very small risk.

We plan to upgrade all of our control workstations to PSSP 3.5, with AIX5L;
probably 5.2, by the end of this year. If we have to we will be able to
upgrade any of the nodes very quickly.

We are also notifying our customers of the situation, as it has to be their
choice: stay at PSSP 3.2/3.4, with a small risk; or spend some money and
upgrade to a fully supported platform. (That will be AIX, PSSP and
probably
application software, and maybe hardware if they're still on old MCA
servers.)

One of the reasons we're doing this is that we have several consolidation
projects in progress or planned. We don't want to spend a lot of time and
money upgrading a server if the application will be moved elsewhere after a
short time. Also, in this situation there will not be a lot of development
work taking place on the old applications, so we are very unlikely to
encounter a new software problem.

Simon Green
Altria ITSC Europe Ltd

N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will not be appreciated.