Re: [Q] Rootvg VGDA bad block???

From: John Jolet (john.jolet@FXFN.COM)
Date: Wed Jul 16 2003 - 14:10:15 EDT

one reason might be that if you make a makesysb with the mirror on, and restore it to a single-disk box, it'll create both copies on the same hdisk, which requires twice the disk space to succeed, of course. if you break them mirror, take a makesysb, then restore the mirror, you have the option of restoring the makesysb to a smaller box.