Re: 5.1 dump device

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Wed Jul 16 2003 - 06:06:48 EDT

Agreed! Almost certainly just a deleted file that was still open: loads of
log files in /var. It might be worth checking skulker, (or any local
equivalent) to make sure you're not deleting any log files without stopping
the processes writing to them. e.g. /var/adm/syslog.log.

Whilst the system is clean, it might be a good idea to check for large
and/or growing log files and make sure you're not collecting more
information than you want. (I've seen syslog fill up with irrelevant error
messages for things like non-existent ATM networks in the past.)

Simon Green
Altria ITSC Europe Ltd

N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will not be appreciated.