Re: timeout value

From: Paul LaMadeleine (plamadeleine@LIGHTBRIDGE.COM)
Date: Thu Jul 10 2003 - 13:12:48 EDT

Greetings,

         We place this in our /etc/profile

#
# TMOUT works for ksh and bash
# It's the number of seconds the account can stay idle before
# being automatically logged out.
#
TMOUT=14400 # 14400 seconds = 4 hours
export TMOUT
readonly TMOUT # make the variable unmodifiable

         This does not work for /bin/sh though. All the user really needs
to do is spawn a /bin/sh. But if you can make /bin/sh a link to /bin/ksh
this may solve this problem.

         Hope this helps,

         Paul LaMadeleine