Re: tape library commands like mtlib

From: Bob.Kelley@BRINKSINC.COM
Date: Tue Jul 01 2003 - 11:38:01 EDT

you can look into the commands that come with the device driver package
contained within TSM server software
they perform routines similiar to mtlib, their names escape me for the
moment

Bobby Kelley
Sr. AIX/UNIX Administrator

| | justin.bleistein@|
| | SUNGARD.COM |
| | Sent by: IBM AIX |
| | Discussion List |
| | <aix-l@Princeton.|
| | EDU> |
| | |
| | |
| | 07/01/2003 10:14 |
| | AM |
| | Please respond to|
| | IBM AIX |
| | Discussion List |
| | |
  | |
  | To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU |
  | cc: |
  | Subject: tape library commands like mtlib |

I know the 3494 has the mtlib command which allows you to see how many
cells are available in the library, what the status of the library is and
so on.... Below is our current tape drive and library configuration with
our new AIX system:

# lsdev -Cc tape
rmt0 Available 11-08-01 IBM 3580 Ultrium Tape Drive (FCP)
smc0 Available 11-08-01 IBM 3584 Library Medium Changer (FCP)
rmt1 Available 11-08-01 IBM 3580 Ultrium Tape Drive (FCP)
rmt2 Available 2A-08-01 IBM 3580 Ultrium Tape Drive (FCP)
rmt3 Available 2A-08-01 IBM 3580 Ultrium Tape Drive (FCP)
#

Are there any commands like mtlib which would do the same type of thing for
this type of library it's "smc" not "lmcp"... I know this has a web gui
interface but that doesn't help with command line automation or TSM macros.
Any input as to what the command is or what utility is available to support
this would be appreciated?. Thanks!.

--Justin Richard Bleistein
Unix/TSM Systems Administrator (Sungard eSourcing)
Desk: (856) 566 - 3485
Cell: (856) 912 - 0861
Email: justin.bleistein@sungard.com

NOTICE TO BRINK'S EMPLOYEES:
All electronic mail communications composed, sent, received or stored on or
through Brink's equipment are subject to the Brink's Electronic
Communications Policy. Employees should have no expectation of privacy in
their use of the Company's electronic mail system.