Re: S85 not quite right !!

From: Hunter, Mark (Mark.Hunter@ANHEUSER-BUSCH.COM)
Date: Mon Jun 30 2003 - 10:18:22 EDT

Need more information to even guess where to start.
1. ML11 has an aio patch oracle needs. Should look at going to it soon.
2. Send results of a vmstat 5 5
3. ipcs -bm
4. lsps -s
5. vmtune
6. lsattr -E -l aio0

Typical answer here would be the Oracle DBAs setting their SGA too large and
eating all memory. 8GB of RAM is not that much for a 1 TB database. You should
tune down max and min perm so that you don't double buffer. Have you gone the
the guide to configure AIX for oracle? There is a white paper or a red book,
don't remember which.