Re: 7028 6C4 - Aix 5.1 - problem on login

From: Lloyd Dieter (ldieter@SNRGY.COM)
Date: Fri Jun 20 2003 - 07:29:17 EDT

Antonio,

Typically when I've seen this type of behavior, it has turned out to be a
name resolution issue. Check to see of the target host can resolve the
name of the client, and vice-versa. Also look at your /etc/hosts file to
make sure your loopback/localhost entry is correct.

-Lloyd

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 15:05:34 -0700
Antonio Prado <antonio.prado@TIDALSOFTWARE.COM> wrote:

> Hi sys admins,
>

> I have a 7028 6C4 machine (actually 3 in a rack) that few times when i
> try to telnet to the machine from another unix box the login stops
> before connected to aixtest08,
> Escape character is '^]'
> and hangs there...
>
> when I got to the console, the machine cannot communicate to any other
> box; however if I ping from another machine it comes back without any
> problem.
>
> I needed to reboot the box.
>
> Do you have any idea or clues of what is going on.
>

> This happens on two machines of same type 7028 6c4 that are racked
> together. Could this be a temperature issue, it is very hot near the
> boxes. ?
>

> thank you all for your help.
>

> ./antonio/.
>
> ./antonio/.
> Antonio Elder-Prado
> Tidal Software, Inc.
> Sr. Unix Systems Administrator
> (650) 475 4628
> antonio.prado@tidalsoft.com
> Real Solutions. Real Impact. Real Time.

    Lloyd Dieter        -       Senior Technology Consultant
                     Registered Linux User 285528
   Synergy, Inc.   http://www.synergyinc.cc   ldieter@snrgy.com
             Main:585-389-1260    fax:585-389-1267
                        SMS:5853292627@vtext.com