Re: 7028 6C4 - Aix 5.1 - problem on login

From: Bob.Kelley@BRINKSINC.COM
Date: Thu Jun 19 2003 - 18:27:59 EDT

you can ping the box from elsewhere, but you cannot ping from the box? How
are the cpu/memory stats?

vmtune??

Bobby Kelley
Sr. AIX/UNIX Administrator
BRINKS
972-877-5341

|---------+--------------------------------->
| | Antonio Prado |
| | <antonio.prado@TIDALSO|
| | FTWARE.COM> |
| | Sent by: IBM AIX |
| | Discussion List |
| | <aix-l@Princeton.EDU> |
| | |
| | |
| | 06/19/2003 05:05 PM |
| | Please respond to IBM |
| | AIX Discussion List |
| | |
|---------+--------------------------------->
  | |
  | To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU |
  | cc: |
  | Subject: 7028 6C4 - Aix 5.1 - problem on login |

Hi sys admins,

I have a 7028 6C4 machine (actually 3 in a rack) that few times when i try
to telnet to the machine from another unix box the login stops before
connected to aixtest08,
Escape character is '^]'
and hangs there...

when I got to the console, the machine cannot communicate to any other box;
however if I ping from another machine it comes back without any problem.

I needed to reboot the box.

Do you have any idea or clues of what is going on.

This happens on two machines of same type 7028 6c4 that are racked
together.
Could this be a temperature issue, it is very hot near the boxes. ?

thank you all for your help.

./antonio/.

./antonio/.
Antonio Elder-Prado
Tidal Software, Inc.
Sr. Unix Systems Administrator
(650) 475 4628
antonio.prado@tidalsoft.com
Real Solutions. Real Impact. Real Time.

NOTICE TO BRINK'S EMPLOYEES:
All electronic mail communications composed, sent, received or stored on or
through Brink's equipment are subject to the Brink's Electronic
Communications Policy. Employees should have no expectation of privacy in
their use of the Company's electronic mail system.