Service Agent Question

From: Thomas Blaney (trb811@HOTMAIL.COM)
Date: Fri Jun 13 2003 - 11:34:34 EDT

Implementing Service Agent on AIX.

When configuring the SA Gateway, there's a "thresholds" section where you
can prevent or set limits on certain errors being reported to IBM support.
With the default SA Gateway installation, there are only approx 10 to 20 SRN
(service request number) values listed in this "thresholds" section.

My question: What if an SRN value is not listed in the thresholds section?
Does the error automatically get reported to IBM support, or does it not get
reported at all?

There's hundreds of possible SRN values (pSeries Diagnostics Information for
Mutliple Bus Systems SA38-509) and I'm wondering whether I need to put all
these into the thresholds section.

Any help/comments would be appreciated.
Thanks.