Re: clone H70 to p610

From: Hunter, Mark (Mark.Hunter@ANHEUSER-BUSCH.COM)
Date: Thu Jun 05 2003 - 09:46:50 EDT

Yes,
You can clone. Make sure you have a recent copy of 4.3.3 CDs so it has all the
device drivers you will need.
After the mksysb is restored, it will pull all the filesets it needs to complete
from the CDs.

We have loaded a 610 from an H50 image. Our standard practice though is to load
ALL devices on our machines (lots of filesets but not a lot of space) so it
rarely ever needs the CDs.

Under 5.2, there is an option during install to "prepare for cloning". All it
does is load all device drivers.

Mark Hunter
Anheuser-busch