Re: Attention light on p630

From: glh@DAIRYNET.COM
Date: Tue Jun 03 2003 - 10:36:36 EDT

I reset mine (p650) through the HMC...

      Service Applications
      Service Focal Point
      Hardware Service Function
      LED Management
      Deactivate LED

Gary Heilman
Dairyland Power Cooperative
608-787-1408
glh@dairynet.com

                      "Taylor, David"
                      <DTaylor@WBMI.COM To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
> cc:
                      Sent by: IBM AIX Subject: Attention light on p630
                      Discussion List
                      <aix-l@Princeton.

                      06/03/2003 09:25
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      IBM AIX
                      Discussion List

All,

I have a new p630 (Power 4+) whose attention light is on, and I am unable
to turn it off.

The reason it came on, in the first place, was from my disconnecting power
to it - bad mksysb clone-install caused it to hang. I have since
reinstalled and everything is fine other than the light still being on.
There is nothing in error report. I have tried the following:

/usr/lpp/diagnostics/bin/usysfault -s normal

and

diag - task selection - Identify and Attention Indicators - Set system
attention indicator to NORMAL

Neither seems to do anything.

I'd hate to call support on something this trivial. Any ideas?

TIA

David

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com