SSA SDRAM vs CACHE listing

From: Alan Vidmar (Alan.Vidmar@COLORADO.EDU)
Date: Mon Jun 02 2003 - 11:36:10 EDT

Hey all,

I was looking at a couple of SSA adapters I have in different
machines. One has 64MB of SDRAM the other 128MB.

But when looking at the "lscfg -vl ssa0" info I see that the the one
with 64MB has a CACHE=32 setting and the one with 128MB
shows CACHE=0??

I don't see anywhere to set that parameter, where is it being set?
And what does the CACHE parameter do?

PS: there is also a new microcode for SSA adapters out:
http://www.storage.ibm.com/hardsoft/products/ssa

And it looks like 5.1 mr4 is also out.

Thanks,
Alan

"I don't have time to be impatient."
Alan R. Vidmar Assistant Director of IT
Office of Financial Aid University of Colorado
Alan.Vidmar@Colorado.EDU (303)492-3598
*** This message printed with 100% recycled electrons ***