Re: SSA Cache battery replacement

From: Darryl Ousterhout (D.Ousterhout@LABSAFETY.COM)
Date: Fri May 30 2003 - 09:58:32 EDT

Mat,

The batteries typically have about 1000 hours of use left in them after the
first error is generated in the error report. We had a CE come in and
replace all of ours, we had 6 that failed at the exact same time. Afterwards
he ran an apparently undocumented (that's what he said) command: ssa_format
-l ssa# -b

Where # is obviously the SSA loop that the FWC resides on. If your sick of
seeing errors in the errpt, you can run this anytime to reset the battery
timer, just remember it really does need replacement eventually.

Regards,
Darryl