Re: dare I?

From: Shawn Bierman (BiermanS@METHODISTHEALTH.ORG)
Date: Thu May 29 2003 - 16:41:20 EDT

I used a gui ftp client just to be safe (at least i think its safe). thanks for all the tips tough.

-shawn

>>> Bob.Kelley@BRINKSINC.COM 5/29/03 3:36:25 PM >>>
I second that one shawn!

Bobby Kelley
Sr. AIX/UNIX Administrator
BRINKS
972-877-5341

| | secroft |
| | <secroft@MICRON.C|
| | OM> |
| | Sent by: IBM AIX |
| | Discussion List |
| | <aix-l@Princeton.|
| | EDU> |
| | |
| | |
| | 05/29/2003 03:20 |
| | PM |
| | Please respond to|
| | IBM AIX |
| | Discussion List |
| | |
  | |
  | To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU |
  | cc: |
  | Subject: Re: dare I? |

Do a find for the inode and remove it that way. It is the safest other
than leaving.

Scott

On Thu, 2003-05-29 at 14:15, Shawn Bierman wrote:
> There is a file in my root filesystem named "*", without the quotes.
>
> Dare I try to remove this! One slip and it could be ugly.
>
> -shawn

NOTICE TO BRINK'S EMPLOYEES:
All electronic mail communications composed, sent, received or stored on or
through Brink's equipment are subject to the Brink's Electronic
Communications Policy. Employees should have no expectation of privacy in
their use of the Company's electronic mail system.