Re: transferring data from one location to another

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Fri May 23 2003 - 14:21:51 EDT

Well, my brief, back-of-fag-packet calculation suggests I could load about
24,000 LTO cartridges into the back of an estate car, (that's station wagon
to you). At 200GB each for the one-hour drive to my nearest data-centre
that gives me about 1.3TB/s. It's the latency that sucks.

For longer trips, how many tapes could you fit in a 747?