Re: transferring data from one location to another

From: Shekhar Dhotre (Shekhar.Dhotre@LENDLEASEREI.COM)
Date: Fri May 23 2003 - 11:13:59 EDT

Well , I am not looking to do ftp /sftp etc.. that will run forever . I
am thinking in terms of copying/tar on tape and send that tape down to
Sydney (something like tar , tsm or any better ideas ?)

John Jolet <john.jolet@FXFN.COM>
Sent by: IBM AIX Discussion List <aix-l@Princeton.EDU>
05/23/2003 10:41 AM
Please respond to
IBM AIX Discussion List <aix-l@Princeton.EDU>

aix-l@Princeton.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: transferring data from one location to another

how much bandwidth between the sites? is it in encrypted link? does the
data need to be secure in transit?