Oracle 9iAS on AIX

From: Mark Schlechte (MSCHLECH@REGINA.CA)
Date: Thu May 22 2003 - 17:18:55 EDT

Greetings,

Is anyone running Oracle 9iAS Rel 2 on AIX (5.1-003)?
I have a pseries 2-way 6H0 750MHZ with 2GB of memory.
Just installed 9iAS Rel 2 and our initial findings were that a
Discoverer session
will spawn a dis51ws prcoess that just consumes cpu resources like
crazy
(%usr is around 98% at times when 3 dis51ws processes are running).

I realize this is likely an Oracle tuning issue (at least I hope) and
maybe just something
they were doing incorreclty but was just wondering if anyone has
implemented this
as well and has any experiences to share.

We trialed the product on an intel server but decided our oracle
experience was on aix.

Any feeback appreciated.

Mark