Re: H-50 Running in 64 Bit & Oracle 9.2

From: glh@DAIRYNET.COM
Date: Wed May 14 2003 - 13:27:32 EDT

We are running AIX 5.2 with the 64-bit kernel with Oracle 9.2 on a p650.

Gary Heilman
Dairyland Power Cooperative
608-787-1408
glh@dairynet.com

                      John F Riordan
                      <jriorda2@CSC.COM To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
> cc:
                      Sent by: IBM AIX Subject: H-50 Running in 64 Bit & Oracle 9.2
                      Discussion List
                      <aix-l@Princeton.

                      05/14/2003 11:54
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      IBM AIX
                      Discussion List

Hi All,

I was trying to avoid bothering you all with this question as the 64 bit
question comes up regularly. However, I have been searching the Archives
and am still not sure of the answer to the following question/scenario.

We have a H50 running SAP and Oracle 8.1.7 and AIX 4.3.3.

We would like to do the following:

Upgrade OS to AIX 5.2 running in 64bit and Run Oracle 9.2 with SAP 4.7...
MY question is: does anyone know if running AIX 5.2 in 64bit will allow us
to Run Oracle9.2 ? As it is 64bit only.

As always thanks in advance
John

John Riordan