Veritas software(s) on AIX 5L

From: cbaker@GOODYEAR.COM
Date: Wed May 14 2003 - 09:28:16 EDT

Anyone out there using either the Veritas Cluster Server 2.0 (VCS) [for
failover] or Veritas Foundation Suite (VxFS) or Veritas Volume Manager
(VxVM) [for volume management] on AIX 5.2 or 5.1?

We have some P655's that will be attached to a EMC SAN, as well as some STK
and internally has IBM FAStT500 storage too. We are getting some
"warnings" from EMC that this is not a supported/tested mix. Also they say
that the VCS is ok on AIX 5.1 but that AIX 5.2 is much different and is not
support.

This will be our first work with Veritas tools on AIX and this is our first
major server with AIX 5L. Have plenty of AIX 433 systems. Also we are new
to the P655 and the FAStT500 hardware. (Can see we have our work cut out
for us.)

Any thoughts/experiences would be very helpful.

Christopher M. Baker
Senior Technical Support Analyst
DSE/TCO
Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company

Contains Confidential and/or Proprietary Information.
May not be copied or disseminated without the expressed
written consent of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company.