AIX 5.1L Migration Problem???

From: Raj Atwal (atwalrs@YAHOO.COM)
Date: Tue May 13 2003 - 09:23:46 EDT

I am attempting to upgrade a B50 AIX 4.3.3 ML10 to AIX 5.1L. I have gone through all the pre-migration preparation. When I boot off the 5.1L cd and confirm my migration parameters,etc, and ok for the migration to continue, within 2 minutes I get this Could Not Mount BOS Install File System ID# Option1. Continue2. Perform System Maintenance and continue I choose option 1 and continue, and when I get to the menu where you can list files, directories and lpps that will removed and not merged into the system, I exit out of the migration and reboot back from disk because I am wary of the earlier error. I have never seen this error before during a migration, can anyone shed any light on it for me? Do you think it would be safe to continue with the migration or does somebody know what is wrong here? TIA Raj Atwal

Raj Atwal
Senior Systems Consultant
Braegen Group
Toronto, ON, Canada