Re: ML11 and Backup

From: John Jolet (john.jolet@FXFN.COM)
Date: Fri May 09 2003 - 16:18:29 EDT

depending on the sizes, you'd either have to split them up or write a script to handle it. For instance, you know you have /dev/rgrumpy1lv through /dev/rgrumpy6lv (to use an example from my db server). you'd spool through your list, and when you got a no more space error from dd, send a page or something to change tapes, or move to another rmt drive and retry that raw device.