Re: NMON-SVMON output How to reconcile.

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Wed May 07 2003 - 12:49:02 EDT

Obviously multiplying 164828 * 4 gives you something close to the nmon
figure, as you'd expect, but not identical. Assuming the information was
collected at exactly the same time, then the difference is probably due to
what is included in those figures. Without knowing exactly what nmon does
it's hard to account for this exactly.

Does it matter? If in doubt, you can trust svmon to be correct but you need
to be sure you understand what it's telling you. (I'm sure that nmon is
correct, also, just reporting a slightly different set of memory pages.)

Simon Green
Altria ITSC Europe s.a.r.l.

AIX-L Archive at http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=aix-l
<http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=aix-l&r=1&w=2> &r=1&w=2
<http://www.faqs.org/faqs/aix-faq/>

N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will not be appreciated.