Re: Version compatibility sanity check

From: Bruce Whittaker (bwhittak@ENERGY.COM.AU)
Date: Tue May 06 2003 - 21:22:17 EDT

For Questions 1&2 I honestly don't think you can assume that - or at least
not if these are critical programs.

You should really go back to the vendor or programmer (if in-house) and
get their OK for the versions you are migrating to. If you can't do that -
at least test the functionality yourself with the new versions.

I can't help with question 3 - out of my area.

Cheers,

Bruce Whittaker,
CASS Support,
Extension 34193
External (02) 9269 4193.
This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If you
have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately via return
e-mail and then delete the original e-mail. EnergyAustralia has collected
your business contact details for dealing with you in your business
capacity. More information about how we handle your personal information,
including your right of access is contained at http://www.energy.com.au.

pSeries AIX Geek <aixgeek@YAHOO.COM>
Sent by: IBM AIX Discussion List <aix-l@Princeton.EDU>
07/05/2003 06:05
Please respond to IBM AIX Discussion List