Fastt, AIX, and DVE

From: Wheelock, Michael D (Michael.Wheelock@INTEGRIS-HEALTH.COM)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 10:23:33 EDT

Hi,

Our company has recently purchased a fastt700 for use as storage for our AIX
systems. As of the latest firmware and drivers (8.3), dynamic volume
expansion is supposed to be supported on AIX 5.2, 5.1 and 4.3.3. Our test
system is a 7026-M80 with the latest drivers on it with the 3.82A1 firmware
(which is the current supported firmware). The system is running AIX
5.1-003 64bit kernel.

I have created several test units. AIX sees these units correctly.
Following the instructions in the manual, I increase the capacity of the
lun, varyoff the volume group, rmdev -l the hdisk, and run cfgmgr. At this
point the hdisk appears larger. I then varyon the vg and am supposed to get
a message about size changing, but do not. LVM then does not see the
increased capacity. I have also tried exporting and importing the vg to no
avail.

Any ideas?

In 5.2, the sequence involves chvg -g for it to recognize the change to the
vg, but 5.1 does not support this option on chvg.

Michael Wheelock
Integris Health