Re: move logical volume and file system to different vg

From: Page, Jennifer (Jennifer.Page@RBCDAIN.COM)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 09:54:32 EDT

Not sure you need to do step #3.

We were able to copy all of our data from one VG to another using the
following:

mklv -y N_[OLD_LV] [NEW_VG] [#PP]
chlv -t copy N_[OLD_VG]
cplv -e N_[OLD_LV] -f [OLD_LV]
chlv -n O_[OLD_LV] [OLD_LV]
chlv -n [OLD_LV] N_[OLD_LV]
*chown root.system /dev/*[OLD_LV]
chfs -a dev=/dev/[OLD_LV] [MOUNT POINT]
chfs -a log=/dev/[NEW_VG_LOG] [MOUNT POINT]

*(may not need this step, we had some raw lvs that did)